Categories

Sunday 9 December 2012

Home Made Veganaise

Hello My Lovelies!

Quick post on how to make your own Vegan Mayo. I went to the grocery store today to actually buy some Veganaise, but it was $6.00 for a small jar! No way was I going to spend that when I can make my own (Mum, are you seeing this?!)

I found a recipe here, and it looked easy enough. I also had all the ingredients. It turned out really good! I'm pretty impressed, I was concerned that I wouldn't like it. You can use this in place of mayo in wherever you would like. I'll be making this often for sure.

What you will need:

Ingredients:
½ cup of soy milk, plain and preferably unsweetened
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of canola oil
¼ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon of agave syrup
¾ teaspoon of kosher salt
½ tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
zest from 1/8 of an organic lemon
1/8 teaspoon of dry mustard

Place all ingredients in the blender for about 30 seconds or until you have a mayo-like consistency. This recipe makes about 1.5 cups.

 I used most of it in broccoli salad that I will share tomorrow. The rest I put in a container for later. According to the recipe creator, it should last in the fridge for a couple of weeks.  I did have some of it on a sandwich. I used flax and quinoa bread, tomato, parsley and tempeh bacon.

Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment