Categories

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Broccoli Salad (vegan and regular)

Hi Dolls!!

I made this broccoli salad for dinner yesterday. It was so good. I made two versions, vegan and non vegan. I think this will become a regular for us. Broccoli is a power food by the way. So eat it! Lot's of it :P

You will need for the regular version:

1 large bunch broccoli chopped into bite size pieces.
1 small red onion or 1/4 cup chopped
8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled. 6 if you are using turkey bacon.
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins - you can use dried cranberries as well
1/2 cup of mayo
2 tbps of sugar or sugar substitute
1 tbps apple cider vinegar

Mix the mayo, vinegar and sugar together until smooth. Throw all the other ingredients in a bowl and toss. Add the dressing and stir until everything is coated.

Vegan version you omit the bacon and cheese. I used my home made veganaise instead of mayo. When I made the dressing, I used Agave syrup instead of sugar. I only used a little bit because its really sweet.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment