Categories

Saturday 4 August 2012

Cauliflower Pizza


Hello my lovelies!

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend so far. I know I am.

Today was the first day on my weight loss journey that I had a craving for something. That something was PIZZA!!!! A low carb dieters nightmare. Pizza is one of my favorite token ‘bad’ foods. I will never get sick of it.

 The little devil on my shoulder whispered Courts, just go for it, order a pizza. Luckily, the angel on my other shoulder has a really loud voice and doesn’t know how to whisper. I did not order pizza. What I did do, is make my own low carb pizza instead.

Low carb pizza?!?!?! Yup its possible and its actually really, really good! The crust is made with cauliflower! Woohoo! I know what you are thinking, and no it doesn’t taste like cauliflower. It tastes like cheesy garlicy goodness.

Here is what you will need:

1 cup cooked riced cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
½ tblsp of chopped garlic
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp basil

Tomato sauce
Additional cheese
Toppings


Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Cook the cauliflower. I used frozen and just cooked it in the microwave. Drain the water and place the florets in a food processor. I pulsed the processor until the cauliflower looked like rice.
 


Dump the ‘rice’ into a bowel and add the garlic, cheese and egg. Mix it up and then you can scoop it out onto a greased baking sheet or onto a pizza stone. I used a stone. Bake it for about 12-15 minutes. You want it to be browned.


Dump the ‘rice’ into a bowel and add the garlic, cheese and egg. Mix it up and then you can scoop it out onto a greased baking sheet or onto a pizza stone. I used a stone. Bake it for about 12-15 minutes. You want it to be browned.



Once it’s browned, take it out and add your sauce and toppings. I only had cheese and sautéed mushrooms with more garlic. Place the pizza back in the oven, switching it over to broil. Broil on low until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes before you cut and serve. 

It is possible to have some 'naughty' foods while on a diet, you just have to change them to suit you! 

Happy Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment